SOLVED

Help me create a formula please.

Copper Contributor

Hello

Please see attached and help me if you can. 

BR/Clau

9 Replies

@ClauP 

=B2&IF(COUNTIFS($B$2:$B$12,B2,$K$2:$K$12,K2)>1,"A"&COUNTIFS(B$2:B2,B2,K$2:K2,K2)&"A","")

@Detlef Lewin 

Hello 

Thank you. I have taken that and inserted it but it doesnt work. The thing is that I want only to generate some random number to use for article number. Is there such a way to do it?

@Detlef Lewin, @Sergei Baklan,

I have attached the new file and added ??? mark so no misunderstanding will occur.

I need to create a formula which randomly creates an article when two cells in a column are identical. The result/artnr should be pasted in the next column aside the identical numbers.

best response confirmed by ClauP (Copper Contributor)
Solution

@ClauP 

I believe my formula does exactly what you want.

Maybe someone else can bring in some light.

But can you please put it in the excel and upload it here then? To really see that it works. I have copy/paste and didnt work.

I have though that it needs an IF(B2=B1) randbetween(0,999999) and release a value in the next column along side the identical numbers.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=muAVKDY-UHk

@ClauP 

What exactly did not work?

Hello
Sorry for not specify better, I wanted to generate a random number A1A was an example only. Your formula works and I think I would be able to use it but what do you think about my thoughts here in comment?

"I have though that it needs an IF(B2=B1) randbetween(0,999999) and release a value in the next column along side the identical numbers.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=muAVKDY-UHk"

@ClauP 

RAND() and RANDBETWEEN() always recalculate when something changes in the workbook.

So every time you type in new data the value in SKU Main C will change.

How would you then create a formula with randbetween to get what we want to achieve?
1 best response

Accepted Solutions
best response confirmed by ClauP (Copper Contributor)
Solution

@ClauP 

I believe my formula does exactly what you want.

Maybe someone else can bring in some light.

View solution in original post