HELP! I can't "unhide" my rows

Copper Contributor

I have a lengthy excel worksheet (200+ rows) that I had hidden some rows, but now I can't "Unhide" them! Any suggestions?

31 Replies
Cannot unhide rows. HELP.
No Filters.
No Frozen Panes.
No Split screens.
Using Excel on Mac

OK found a solution. Had to unhide columns first, save the file, quit, reopen Excel then unhide. What an abomination. Surely Excel should work in a more smoother way.
Thank you.

Had the same problem but the interesting thing is that I did not intentionally filter the data; this happened all by itself. Microsoft should update their HELP suggestion to include clearing filters.

@Twobizzy515 

Accidentally discovered that after switching off the sort button (funnel) and then switching it on again, resolved the issue. 

Also, copy paste of all cells into another sheet exposed the hidden cells. 

Hope this helps.

Ggggg11111

over 3 years later and you're advice is still helping people! Thank you!

@LampNS 

over 3 years later and you're advice is still helping people! Thank you!

That's great to hear. Thanks for thanking!

most welcome (and apologies for misspelling your - yikes!)
This worked for me and I stopped pulling my hair out, I was going to distribute the sheet to people that aren't comfortable with Excel...
The "Unhide" button should perform its function, regardless of sorts or filters on the spreadsheet. Unhide should unhide hidden rows. End of story. If it doesn't, rename it. Right now, I have a spreadsheet where the unhide function does not work but double-clicking the hidden rows does. This makes no sense.

@Twobizzy515  - This happens when the Data has a Filter active.  Go to Data and unselect Filter.

I have been fighting with an a spreadsheet created by someone else and this reply solved all my problems! thank you so much