HELP! I can't "unhide" my rows

Copper Contributor

I have a lengthy excel worksheet (200+ rows) that I had hidden some rows, but now I can't "Unhide" them! Any suggestions?

31 Replies

@Twobizzy515 

You should be able to unhide by clicking in the upper left-hand corner of the spreadsheet (which selects all rows and all columns) and then selecting Format....Rows....Unhide

@mathetes - it still won't unhide the rows.... :(

@Twobizzy515 

You're clicking on this corner?

mathetes_0-1585947701439.png

What happens when you click there?

Does it all turn gray (or indicate that it's highlighted all rows and columns?

mathetes_1-1585947816685.png

How did you hide the rows in the first place? Did you lock or protect the sheet?

@mathetes - Yes, clicking in that corner, highlights the entire page. Clicking on Format, and Unhide, and nothing happens. I do not believe I locked the page. 

are you sure there are rows hidden? Do the numbers "skip"?
My next guess is that they aren't hidden but just made to a very small height.
if you highlight the whole sheet (as done above) you can double click the line between any 2 rows to auto adjust the row heights.

@mtarler 

I am at my wits' end..... Would you take a look at it? It's the page tab "Quantities"

@Twobizzy515 

I see the problem--and your wits are hereby relieved.

You've been filtering out a lot of rows under the header "Quantity Available"-- just go to that little funnel in the header and allow it to select ALL rows.

OR turn off the filter altogether.

mathetes_0-1586194355652.png

you have a filter on. click on the 'data' tab and click Clear under the sort & filter group.
or click on the funnel icon next to Quantity Available and either 'select all' or 'clear filter'

@mathetes 

o.m.g........ Thank you!!

@mtarler 

o.m.g...... thank you!

For others who may run into this hidden rows problem try View > Freeze Panes > Unfreeze 

KAzim2000 approach worked for me.

@mtarler How can I thank you!? I have been trying to unhide all the rows in my excel file and was about to tell my boss I really messed up, you saved my weekend!!

knowing we were helpful is thanks enough. Glad it helped and best of luck.

@mathetes 

you too helped me relieve my anxiety..Thank you

vijay bhaskar

Thank you for suggesting looking at filtering. was going to go insane with this one. all ok now! 

@mathetes You are a Wizard!  That solved my issue, as well!  Cheers!

Same problem, no luck with the previous info.

Hidden rows. I can not get them to unhide using:
- clicking top left corner (selecting entire worksheet), then unhiding all rows using format > hide/unhide
- selecting the rows above and below, and right-clicking > unhide
- panes are not freezed
- there is no filter used in the worksheet, so it's not that.

What works:
- double clicking on the thick horizontal lines where the hidden rows are located => this shows the hidden rows using the default height (15) whereas they were 32 high before I hid them.

Any ideas?

Never mind. There were filters (in a hidden row). Spend almost an hour looking for something out of the ordinary, until I noticed that the very top row was also hidden... containing filters of course.