Help!! ** How to use Countif to count dates that occur today and before?

Copper Contributor

Hi All, 

Please Help, 

I need to be able to count the amount of dates in a column that occur today and then also count the amount between today and in the past by number of days (not date).

Can you help?

Thank you in advance

Mike 

4 Replies

@mikeuk 

Mike,

That's like

=COUNTIF(A:A,TODAY())

and

=COUNTIFS(A:A,"<"&TODAY(),A:A,">="&(TODAY()-30))

@Sergei Baklan 

Hi Sergei, 

Thank you so much for your help!

I have used the first one and it works perfectly! thank you

But, I need the second one to display the amounts of dates in total that occur before today? 

Thanks

Mike

@mikeuk 

Mike, if before today

=COUNTIFS(A:A,"<"&TODAY())

or you need number of dates, not number of records? For example, if today is Apr 18, and you have 3 records for Apr 16 and two records for Apr 17, above formula returns 5. If calculate only dates it shall be 2, please clarify what is required.

@Sergei Baklan 

I am using =Countifs for a table that tells me how many records we have that were opened between 0-14 days, 15-29 days, and 30+ days. However, I only want to count those whose secondary column are equal to A or B and not C. 

(0-14 days) =COUNTIFS(Table1[Date],TODAY(),Table1[Date],">="&(TODAY()-14))

(15-29 days) =COUNTIFS(Table1[Date],"<"&TODAY()-14,Table1[Date],">="&(TODAY()-29))

(30+ days) =COUNTIFS(Table1[Date],"<"&TODAY()-30,Table1[Date],"<="&(TODAY()-30))

I thought I could do 
=COUNTIFS(Table1[Date],TODAY(),Table1[Date],">="&(TODAY()-14), Table1[Status], "A" & "B") but this didn't seem to work.