SOLVED

HELP/Getting The Data as we want

Copper Contributor

Hi there, I have annual temperature and precipitation changes for different grid points and I want to calculate the data of some months specifically. It is done manually, but it takes a long time because it is 70 years old data. For example, for the winter month average (photo below), I want to output the average of the data of the 1,2 and 12 months. Is there a method where I can automatically get this data when I pull down the months of the years going down? thank you.veriler.png

4 Replies

@meto343 

If you have the most current version of Excel, the FILTER function--in conjunction with AVERAGE--should be able to achieve what you want. Is it possible for you to post a link to your actual spreadsheet (easily accomplished if it's in OneDrive or GoogleDrive).

If you would like to research FILTER and its abilities, here's a link: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9I9DtFOVPIg

Learn everything about our brand-new Dynamic Arrays and how you can use them to build advanced spreadsheets. Arrays (CSE) have long been present in Excel, but were limited to power users. With Dynamic Arrays we have rebuilt the calc engine, effectively turning all formulas into array formulas ...

@mathetes 

Thank you for your response, 

the file: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1HM5syGPVJsUlDKkIbFt20ovlKzrE2zvH/edit?usp=sharing&ouid=10292...

what i need to do is:

I must calculate every years average values for 4 parts.

first is general yearly average value for temp4.5&8.5 and preci4.5&8.5: yearly.png

The others are winter and summer average calculations, what do i mean is for winter:

winter.png

and for summer:

summer.png

All i wanna do is i want to do this not manually, with just dragging down automatically like this: the need.png

waiting for your reply, sir.

best response confirmed by meto343 (Copper Contributor)
Solution

@meto343 

An alternative could be SUMPRODUCT like in the attached file. I've entered a few formulas and highlighted the cells with formulas with green color. You can enter the other formulas accordingly.

temperature.JPG

Thank you so much, you are a hero!
1 best response

Accepted Solutions
best response confirmed by meto343 (Copper Contributor)
Solution

@meto343 

An alternative could be SUMPRODUCT like in the attached file. I've entered a few formulas and highlighted the cells with formulas with green color. You can enter the other formulas accordingly.

temperature.JPG

View solution in original post