SOLVED

HELP/Getting The Data as we want

Copper Contributor

Hi there, I have annual temperature and precipitation changes for different grid points and I want to calculate the data of some months specifically. It is done manually, but it takes a long time because it is 70 years old data. For example, for the winter month average (photo below), I want to output the average of the data of the 1,2 and 12 months. Is there a method where I can automatically get this data when I pull down the months of the years going down? thank you.veriler.png

4 Replies

@meto343 

If you have the most current version of Excel, the FILTER function--in conjunction with AVERAGE--should be able to achieve what you want. Is it possible for you to post a link to your actual spreadsheet (easily accomplished if it's in OneDrive or GoogleDrive).

If you would like to research FILTER and its abilities, here's a link: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9I9DtFOVPIg

@mathetes 

Thank you for your response, 

the file: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1HM5syGPVJsUlDKkIbFt20ovlKzrE2zvH/edit?usp=sharing&ouid=10292...

what i need to do is:

I must calculate every years average values for 4 parts.

first is general yearly average value for temp4.5&8.5 and preci4.5&8.5: yearly.png

The others are winter and summer average calculations, what do i mean is for winter:

winter.png

and for summer:

summer.png

All i wanna do is i want to do this not manually, with just dragging down automatically like this: the need.png

waiting for your reply, sir.

best response confirmed by meto343 (Copper Contributor)
Solution

@meto343 

An alternative could be SUMPRODUCT like in the attached file. I've entered a few formulas and highlighted the cells with formulas with green color. You can enter the other formulas accordingly.

temperature.JPG

Thank you so much, you are a hero!
1 best response

Accepted Solutions
best response confirmed by meto343 (Copper Contributor)
Solution

@meto343 

An alternative could be SUMPRODUCT like in the attached file. I've entered a few formulas and highlighted the cells with formulas with green color. You can enter the other formulas accordingly.

temperature.JPG

View solution in original post