HELP FORMULA OR VBA!!!

Brass Contributor

I am trying to create a selection based on user's preferences from the list in the attachment. Not sure if it is possible in excel platform. For example; If you look at in the attachment, choosing your favorite fruits from "fruits 1" and when you choose it it will transfer It to "SELECTION 1". Then choosing your favorite fruits from "fruits 2" and when you choose it it will transfer It to "SELECTION 2" and choosing your favorite fruits from "fruits 3" and when you choose it it will transfer It to "SELECTION 3".

In reality I have over 50 cells so if I get some clue I can make it work.

Thanks a lot

2 Replies

@msm66  I'm not sure I understand what you are trying to do but try this:

select cells under 'Selection 1' - 'Selection 3' and click on Data -> Data Tools -> Data Validation

choose "List" from drop down

Then type =A$2:A$50 in the box

thanks, I know how to create drop list. let me explain better.
let's say I give you a list of fruits and ask you choose the one you like. let's say there are 50 items in the list and you only like 10 of them the most.
now you start selecting or marking or checking the one you like. every time you select your choice will enter or type in another cell. or even you can select all in one time and through maybe VBA you create a "run" button. by clicking the "run" all your choices will be enter to a new cell one on one.
so at the end i would have a column selection of your 10 choices of 50. hope it was more clear now.