Help for Best Approach to Pivot Table Used To Make Further Side Calculation

Brass Contributor

I need help with an approach to displaying dat for further analysis. 

After manipulating some raw data, I'll put the data in a pivot, which the end users use to display. Though some other pivots will be made for the purpose to then again analyze and forecast/what-if analysis with. Sometimes the pivot will be displayed as a table-like view then add further calculations by the end users 

The trouble comes with the pivot not being dynamic; that is, if the end user needs to use the same pivot or there are new lines added to the pivot with a new filter all the calculations make no sense/may be overwritten by the pivot changing in size. I'm wondering what's a better approach. A data set with lookups to the work done in the raw data or via a pivot then putting that into a new sheet where all the needed data is available for whatever calculations that need to be made can be. I'm not sure how to approach crunching numbers, outputting that data, then to allow the end user freedom to add neccessary calculations

I've thought about getting the needed calculations from the end users and build those in so they don't need to do them or reduce the calculations they need to do manually so the workbook can be shared and make sense. 

Calculated fields are okay but there's much to be desired with that and just looking for a way to make a clean and presentable, and more importantly, flexible with either a pivot view or some sort of table view that gives ability to customize the data.

0 Replies