Having problem adding secondary axis to excel chart

Copper Contributor

I have created an Excel table and chart with trend line, but I cannot add element for secondary axis.  It does not appear as an option.  I would like a secondary axis for column H in the "Slave Percentage" worksheet.

8 Replies

@wyake0 

Hello! You've posted your question in the Microsoft Teams space and I don't believe your question has anything to do with Microsoft Teams. I'm moving your question to the Excel space - please post Excel questions here in the future. 

@wyake0 Your file contains only column A and B and no column H. If you can repost a full dataset, we could try to help.

@hynguyen 

Sorry about that.

@wyake0 How about this chart? Basically, I copy column H3:H11 and paste onto your current chart. Then go to Select Data and click on Series 4 on left pane, Edit, choose Series Name = header of column H. Finally, just go to Change Chart Type/Combo chart and pick that new Series Slave as Percentage as Line on Secondary axis.

@hynguyen 

I really like what you did.  I modified slightly.  Still have one issue that I cannot fix: I need column E to be the third part of a stacked column rather than a line.  Thanks!!

@wyake0 As requested. You can easily change it by right-clicking the chart, choose Change Chart Type, select Combo chart (bottom one of the chart type pane), find your series (Slave), change from Line to Stacked column et voila.

@hynguyen

You are awesome!!!  Thanks so much!! 

If your chart has two or more data series, only then you will have the option to select one of the data series and use the Format Data Series to plot the selected data series on a secondary axis. If your chart has only one data series, the secondary axis option is disabled.