Having issues with macro made to create list

Copper Contributor

The macro made is supposed to allow you to place an 'X' beside several names and after clicking the 'Create List' button a list should be generated of those names. I'm not sure of the issue with the macro. Thank you for your help in advance.

4 Replies

@Julius835 

Could you quickly take down this spreadsheet and replace it with one that has no real names? I'm going to give you a non-macro answer. I'll let someone else give you the macro answer

....but, in the meantime, the rule around here is that real names of real people aren't to be included in sample sheets. So I've notified the board moderator and it will be taken down by them if you don't take care of it first.

@Julius835 Hello! As per our code of conduct, please don't reveal personal or private information here in the Microsoft Tech Community. We've removed your attachment. 

@Julius835 

Here's a way to generate that list of names (or whatever you'd like) without macros. This does presume you have the most recent version of Excel, capable of handling the FILTER function. I've converted your several tables into a single, differentiating departments from one another by an additional column.

If you populate the entire table, and then use the "X" to select, you'll see the list dynamically grow as you enter the letter "x"....

@mathetes 

Sorry about that, thank you for informing me!