SOLVED

Group Function not working

Copper Contributor
I'm trying to group a set of data into years then months. Like incident counts per year per month view. When I select and click on the group button at the top right corner, like I always do, it doesn't anymore. Instead it now shows a small numbers button under the name box field. More of those buttons pop out in the same place for each Press of the group button I do. I'm at a loss. Help
4 Replies

@X128359 

It looks like you have a pivot table.

Instead of clicking Group on the Data tab of the ribbon, right-click on any of the dates in the pivot table and select Group... from the context menu. You should be able to specify Years and Months in the dialog.

Have been trying that but that option or dialogue box that's supposed to appear doesn't appear. Right clicking on any of the dates shows this (attached additional screen shots)

Thanks for the idea, I'm able to do this just fine on my laptop, but here, it just won't. Does it have anything to do with it being in 365 and not the software in the laptop?

best response confirmed by X128359 (Copper Contributor)
Solution

@X128359 

It looks like you're editing the workbook in Excel Online (in the browser). Excel Online has fewer features than the desktop version, so try opening the workbook in the desktop version of Excel.

That appears to be the case. It made sense when I noticed that the software version has more options.. thanks for clarifying
1 best response

Accepted Solutions
best response confirmed by X128359 (Copper Contributor)
Solution

@X128359 

It looks like you're editing the workbook in Excel Online (in the browser). Excel Online has fewer features than the desktop version, so try opening the workbook in the desktop version of Excel.

View solution in original post