Greyed formatting

Copper Contributor

I've got a problem w a ss used for many years...can't find the solution...problem is associated w changes to formatting of cells...specifically the Borders, Fill and Font options...when i try to make a change the drop down menu is greyed and the options cannot be used...any ideas?

5 Replies
It can help us all if you upload an Excel file (without sensitive data), no picture. So you could get a precise solution much faster. This would also be a blessing for us, as we can understand the problem much better, a win-win situation for everyone.

I can only guess that there is no Excel file (and I'm not good at that). Suspect because the translation of your request sometimes also plays a role.

Your case could be anything from data validation errors to background macros and worksheet.

I would therefore be happy to be able to help you if you would provide us with the worksheet (without sensitive data).

Nikolino
I know I don't know anything (Socrates)

@rer555 

Here's a piece of the file exhibiting the problem...TESTfile.xlsx

Cells C4: C7 get their data from java script D13. But this is not accessible (cannot be executed) for the file, hence the reference error. The error in turn extends to D4: D6.

It is a worksheet that could come from a community file (such as a workbook for the whole team in OneDrive) that is distributed to the users depending on their authorization. However, the probability is that the data from an XML file is distributed from the sharepoint or that the user has access.

Unfortunately, I can't help you with this, an expert who is familiar with java scripts would have to look at it and clearly define the error, even if it can solve it.

I wish you a speedy solution or a clear definition of your options.

Have a good time.

Nikolino

@NikolinoDE 

Thank you for the response...I've no idea how the code got there, but when it executed, it was producing sales info on MS products...however, per your input i was able to noodle around and found a fix...1st was to clear the code from the cell; 2nd was to cut the symbols, one at a time, and move them to a fresh ss...when all of the symbols had been moved to the new ss, i then deleted the new sheet...and voila' my original sheet no longer had the symbols or the issue...thx again for your input on the issue...

Ray R

@rer555 

I was very pleased that my cell found and initiated you were able to solve the problem yourself.

If the problem is solved for you, would you please click this as the correct answer and if possible a like (click thumbs up).
Thus, the following can see that the problem no longer exists and may also use it as an approach to a solution.

Thank you in advance for your understanding

I wish you a pleasant day

Nikolino