SOLVED

Graph Help?

Copper Contributor

Hi, 

Bit of an excel rookie here. 

I'm trying to automate a process which will enable me to add all the values of a particular group by name, and then generate into a graph. As it currently stands, I can create the graph, but as you can see, each line has its own values. I would like all of "Special Moe's" to be collated into one number so there are only 4 colums on the graph I create (one for  each group). 

Honestly don't know where to start - please help! 

Adzy28_0-1648168894599.png

3 Replies
best response confirmed by Hans Vogelaar (MVP)
Solution

@Adzy28 

For that, you need to summarize the data based on groups and then use that as a source for the graph.

In the attached, column E shows the unique group and column F has their total values and the graph is inserted using the data in columns E and F.

Graph.jpg

@Subodh_Tiwari_sktneer - Thankyou!! Very helpful! 

Hi @Adzy28,

I attached a sample image of the chart and data. Chart refresh automatically as you change your data selection.

There is no need to summarize your data. As you can see I attached source data and the chart. 

You can check here for Microsoft Excel & Office 365.

And if you are comfortable with Google Sheets, you can find it here.

Thanks,

Qaiser_j_0-1653391375926.png

1 best response

Accepted Solutions
best response confirmed by Hans Vogelaar (MVP)
Solution

@Adzy28 

For that, you need to summarize the data based on groups and then use that as a source for the graph.

In the attached, column E shows the unique group and column F has their total values and the graph is inserted using the data in columns E and F.

Graph.jpg

View solution in original post