SOLVED

Graph doesn't update automatically

Highlighted
New Contributor

Hi,

I have some graphs in Excel which use data from a table in a separate tab, my history tab. Every day I update this history tab by copying a bunch a data through a macro button to this history tab. So basically the list with data grows by one line every day.

I would like my graphs to use the updated table with data automatically, but currently it skips all the newly added data.

Can anyone help me out with this? What do I do to keep the graph up to date automatically?

4 Replies
Highlighted
Best Response confirmed by Frank Hille (New Contributor)
Solution
Format your table as table (Home tab, format as table) making sure all current data is within the table. Then update your chart so it points to all rows in your table. Next time you add data, the chart will update accordingly.
Highlighted

That works indeed. Thanks very much!

Now one more problem with the graph: it starts with the most recent line of data on the left (which is at the top of the table). But I would like to have that on the right.

So I would like to have the oldest data in my graph on the left on the x-axis and the most recent data on the right of this axis.

How do I get that done?

Highlighted
Right-click the axis and select "Format Axis...". Check the box "Values in reverse order".
Highlighted

@Jan Karel Pieterse This works if use all the data in the table for the graph. When I select 1 single line to draw a graph from the same table (as I want to highlight this data set) it will not auto update from the formatted table?