SOLVED

Getting this msg "Excel ran out of resources while attempting to calculate one or more formulas."

Copper Contributor

I am having issue with excel sheet which keeps showing me this issue "Excel ran out of resources while attempting to calculate one or more formulas. As a result, these formulas can not be evaluated."

Never had seen this before- pls guide.

114 Replies

@NWATERS1400 

Thank you. If no sensitive data you may attach the file to the post on Reply.

image.png

@Sergei Baklan 

Can you tell me how you are finding these errors?  Thanks!

@DanaF_Nav 

If your Excel version support Inquire analyse workbook with it and check suspicious array formulae.

@Sergei Baklan Hey, I have spent hours trying to find the issue with the same error that other people had, and the excel is extremely slow. Would you be able to have a look? 

@SerSmi1695 

If you share the file I could try. You may attach it to the post or send Private Message here with file.

Hi Sergei
How would I do this on a Mac since there is no Inquire Add-on? I have a very large complex spreadsheet on which I am getting this error.
Thanks

@SamanthaAdarma 

Sorry, I don't work on Mac, not sure what could be done on that platform.

That's to find someone on Windows who may check or share file here.

@Sergei Baklan All of my spreadsheets show this error and I am not using formulas. This issue just began for me. I have my cells marked as "General" as input type and every time I delete, tab over, press enter, etc. the error pops up. I am simply trying to keep a list of attendees for an event with some details (emails, arrival dates, etc.). Any tips/settings? Thanks!

@Sergei Baklan Similar to other ppl on this thread, I have spent hours trying to find the issue with the same error that other people had, and the Excel is extremely slow. Would you be able to have a look?
Awesome. Would love to share the file. How do I share the file?
Nevermind. I'll private message you. Thanks!

@Sergei Baklan Can you help me with this one? A coworker is having the same error, but it just started happening. We cannot find out what's wrong.

https://ceix-my.sharepoint.com/:x:/g/personal/sarahwolfe_consolenergy_com/EctkXqNh06FAloDD-MGRoBMBC0...

@Sarah_Wolfe 

That is here

image.png

I disabled above formula, please see attached.

Sir, I am getting the "Excel ran out of resources error from the following file.

Can you please help me rectify the same, further can you please explain how to diagnose the same.

Why are there no move and copy buttons in the windows 11 toolbar ? ? ? The toolbar in the window 11 is useless !!!

@arjunm32 

I can do nothing without the file. If you have Inquire in your version of Excel, you may analyse workbook and check which array formula is wrong.

Hi @Sergei Baklan , how we know from which area that the error value come, that cause the message pop up?

@SriSulis_ID 

Inquire, if you have it in your version of Excel, could help with identification.