SOLVED

Getting this msg "Excel ran out of resources while attempting to calculate one or more formulas."

Copper Contributor

I am having issue with excel sheet which keeps showing me this issue "Excel ran out of resources while attempting to calculate one or more formulas. As a result, these formulas can not be evaluated."

Never had seen this before- pls guide.

114 Replies
Cannot move from cell to cell without an error message showing- 'excel ran out of resources'. Can you please advise??????

@Sergei Baklan 

Hi, I am also facing the issue where all my excel file shows "Excel ran out of resources while attempting to calculate one or more formulas. As a result, these formulas cannot be evaluated." every time when I key in something. 

Could you please help me to find out what's the problem here?

Thank you. ^^

@JiaJiaOng 

I commented formula in 'S1B DATA'!AZ1

@Sergei Baklan Thank you so so much! I have removed that figure and it works perfectly fine now.

@Sergei BaklanI am also getting that error. Could you please take a look and advise/ fix anything you see wrong. 

Thanks so much for your speedy help and diagnosis!

I am also having this error that never occured before i upgraded from Excel 11 recently. I am on a mac

@JEssi2125 

I commented formulas in 'Food What'!C91 (circular reference) and in 'Payroll 2021'!AA40 (reference on entire column, '='C:\Users\LEFDPDirector\Downloads\[report1628717061286.xls]report1628717061286'!$1:$1048576)

Not sure which formulas shall be, but now there is no "out of resources" error.

@sergei bakln thank you this is so very helpful. what did you do to find the problems? they were ruining my experience of excel.

@Sergei Baklan Thank you so much this is very helpful. What is your process for finding the errors? This was ruining my experience of excel and would like to know what to do if it happens again.

@JEssi2125 

I check the workbook with 

image.png

and review array formulas, usually such kind of errors are in them.

In addition

image.png

@Sergei Baklan Hi. How do you find the formula errors in the spreadsheet?  I'm getting the same error message as the original post. Thank you for your time.

@BVuka Usually with Inquire, please see previous post here.

@Sergei Baklan

I to am having the same error message, any assistance would be much appreciated

@steph88 

It was a circular reference in November!J222.  Change ranges here from IF(COUNTIF(J$5:J$230,... on IF(COUNTIF(J$5:J$220,...

Also in

December!J211

October!J195

September!N241

(all commented)

In November!J237 formula contains ...*(H242ROW(J$5:J$218).. . Commented it.

@Sergei Baklan 

can help me figure out about this problem, and return back my excel file to normal. every time i run the formula this pop up come out. i dont know how to reverse this error

ieda89_0-1630987362889.png