SOLVED

Getting this msg "Excel ran out of resources while attempting to calculate one or more formulas."

Copper Contributor

I am having issue with excel sheet which keeps showing me this issue "Excel ran out of resources while attempting to calculate one or more formulas. As a result, these formulas can not be evaluated."

Never had seen this before- pls guide.

114 Replies
best response confirmed by GaneshIyer (Copper Contributor)
Solution

@GaneshIyer 

In cell D36 you have formula =30:294001 which means you instruct Excel to return all rows from 30 to 294001. Includes row in which the formula is. Kind of cyclic reference and never ended loop.

If you remove this formula it works.

@Sergei Baklan - Amazing it worked well for me. Thanks a million.

Happy Holidays and Happy New Year in advance!

@Sergei Baklan 

Any chance you could help me figure out whats wrong with my workbook?  I am getting the message as well.  I am a complete novice at excel but am trying to put together a workbook to calculate show estimates/costs for venue events.  I have been reading lots of answers on how to fix this error but cant figure it out.  Any help is appreciated!

@courtneykeene18 

I see no problems with your file, it works correctly (at least without mentioned error).

@Sergei Baklan 

I have a problem with my excel error.  The error message is "Excel ran out of resources while attempting to calculate one or more formulas...." I tried many tips and corrected formula errors but still has this error message when I save.  Hopefully you can detect the problem.  

Thanks very much, Sergei

@khoang975 

I found two issuee

-  'WB7-STS Structure IPL Cal.'!J473 had reference as =-475:29776.432, I changed value on zero

-  'FWD Cargo Bay'!I35 had circular reference (==I35+I117+I342+I490), changed on =I117+I342+I490

Please check attached file if works in your environment.

@Sergei Baklan HI i have an excel spreadsheet that is showing a formula issue but i dont believe i have any formulas on there. Please can it be checked and either the formula removed or point me in the direction of where the error is. thanks. 

@louise21 

That's in 'Open Complaints'!M13

'=+CB1413:MGD141413:M13:MA1413

Not sure what you'd like to calculate here, just commented it. Please see attached.

@Sergei Baklan i have removed that figure - it was not needed! thanks very much for spotting that! :)

@Sergei Baklan    hi! I have the same issue. How do i find the cell containing the error?

Thank you 

@luca2100 

First issue in 2021

image.png

Second one in 2019

image.png

I change both on 2021-12-13m have no ide what it shall be.

@Sergei Baklan 

I am getting an error as well.

Here is the formula:

=INDEX('VG OF FRISCO-F'!A1:AR263,MATCH('VG OF FRISCO-F'!5:5,'Facility Summary Data'!B6,0),MATCH('VG OF FRISCO-F'!A:A,'Facility Summary Data'!B5,0))

@gkcyulo 

Perhaps you mean

=INDEX('VG OF FRISCO-F'!A1:AR263,MATCH('Facility Summary Data'!B6,'VG OF FRISCO-F'!5:5,0),MATCH('Facility Summary Data'!B5,'VG OF FRISCO-F'!A:A,0))

when it works. Not sure what you'd like to calculate.

Can you help me figure out what's wrong with my workbook. I'm also getting this error. I understand the logic of your proposed solution, I just can't identify where the error is in my workbook. @Sergei Baklan 

@shaunkagawa 

That is wrong formula

'=VLOOKUP('Klabin Hou'!1:1048576,11,0)

in hided sheet 'Combined Klabin'!N60

I commented it. 

@shaunkagawa 

Depends on what it shall to return, I don't know the logic behind.

1 best response

Accepted Solutions
best response confirmed by GaneshIyer (Copper Contributor)
Solution

@GaneshIyer 

In cell D36 you have formula =30:294001 which means you instruct Excel to return all rows from 30 to 294001. Includes row in which the formula is. Kind of cyclic reference and never ended loop.

If you remove this formula it works.

View solution in original post