SOLVED

Get data from web error - Expression.Error: There weren't enough elements in the enumeration to comp

Copper Contributor

Hello, I'm trying to get data from a table of URLs (for different stocks). Please see attached file.

I've created a connection using one URL and then tried to get data from the table of URLs. I'm encountering the below error while the query is downloading:

Expression.Error: There weren't enough elements in the enumeration to complete the operation

Below are the codes in the Advanced Editor:

let
Source = Excel.CurrentWorkbook(){[Name="URL_Annual"]}[Content],
#"Changed Type" = Table.TransformColumnTypes(Source,{{"Ticker", Int64.Type}, {"URL_Annual", type text}}),
#"Added Custom" = Table.AddColumn(#"Changed Type", "Custom", each fxOther_Annual([URL_Annual])),
#"Expanded Custom" = Table.ExpandTableColumn(#"Added Custom", "Custom", {"Column1", "Column2", "Column3", "Column4", "Column5", "Column6", "Column7"}, {"Custom.Column1", "Custom.Column2", "Custom.Column3", "Custom.Column4", "Custom.Column5", "Custom.Column6", "Custom.Column7"})
in
#"Expanded Custom"

Would someone be able to help with this error please?

Thanks very much!

2 Replies
best response confirmed by nes_k4 (Copper Contributor)
Solution

@nes_k4 Your query and function work just fine for all tickers where the data you want to extract is in the 8th table in the particular URL. However, some ticket numbers don't always return 8 tables (0 to 7). Inserted a step directly after the Source that filters for the table called "cnhk-list2", whatever list of tables is returned. Then it seems to work as desired. See attached.

Thank you so much for your help! It works perfectly!

1 best response

Accepted Solutions
best response confirmed by nes_k4 (Copper Contributor)
Solution

@nes_k4 Your query and function work just fine for all tickers where the data you want to extract is in the 8th table in the particular URL. However, some ticket numbers don't always return 8 tables (0 to 7). Inserted a step directly after the Source that filters for the table called "cnhk-list2", whatever list of tables is returned. Then it seems to work as desired. See attached.

View solution in original post