SOLVED

Get & Transform menu missing from Excel online

Copper Contributor

Hi,

Would anyone know the reason for the Get & Transform menu be missing from the Data tab? I work for a large organization and Office tools are deployed and managed centrally by our IT department. Trying to understand if the lack of this menu is due to licensing, or due to a limitation imposed by account admins.

Ivo_Garcia_0-1657548246957.png

4 Replies
best response confirmed by Ivo_Garcia (Copper Contributor)
Solution

@Ivo_Garcia Get & Transform (a.k.a. Power Query) is not supported in the on-line version to the same extent as what you are used to in the Desktop version.

@Riny_van_Eekelen 

That is strange because there are lots of videos online that show Excel user interfaces that are a lot more akin to the web version then the desktop version I have installed on my machine (Home and Business 2019). Attached a snip from one of those videos, already 2 years old, that includes the Get and Transfrom menus. Is the interface on the attachment for Excel desktop?

Ivo_Garcia_0-1657551044163.png

@Ivo_Garcia Yes! That looks like the desktop version.

Well, that does come as a surprise to me, I always thought there were also advanced functionalities on Excel online in regards to Power Query.

Thanks for the response.
1 best response

Accepted Solutions
best response confirmed by Ivo_Garcia (Copper Contributor)
Solution

@Ivo_Garcia Get & Transform (a.k.a. Power Query) is not supported in the on-line version to the same extent as what you are used to in the Desktop version.

View solution in original post