Get&Transform Data, doesn't load to worksheet

Copper Contributor

I am getting error [expression.error] The key didn't match any rows in the table while loading from a folder. I  worked with  similar data sets successfully and the folder contains templates I made and sent out to be filled in.

Very frustrating. I am new to data queries and very frustrated having stuck.

2 Replies
It might be that the first file the query is trying to use a sample file has a different format/columns.
Try to open the power query editor, go to the queries on the left and check the sample file. In the source step on the right side you can go step by step until you notice the error.

Usually this happens when you have one file inside the folder that is not one of the templates that you sent out to be filled. Or maybe someone modified something in the template and now is different and when trying to apply the same transformations steps the query breaks.
Thanks, I found out through import excel Workbooks the corrupt files. There is no apparent reason. The data looks correct, but when pasted, it pastes errors rather than values. I wonder how can I solve this problem other than asking to reload data from a different computer on a fresh template.