SOLVED

geographical chart (map) in excel not showing up

Copper Contributor

I'm using Excel 365 and geographical chart/ map is not showing up right.

I inserted in Excel some names of Dutch municipalities and figures regarding these municipalities  (inhabitants). 

I want to get geographical chart of The Netherlands, but world map is shown, without colors.

Prior a map of he Netherlands only (not world map) was shown in Excel. Why not now?

3 Replies

@Niels_83 

As far as I know, here is some information that might help you.

Get geographic location data

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/office/get-geographic-location-data-287b4cf2-3d7d-4bc1-b412-3d00...

Create a Map chart in Excel

https://support.microsoft.com/en-gb/office/create-a-map-chart-in-excel-f2cfed55-d622-42cd-8ec9-ec8a3...

download a workbook with several map chart examples

I would be happy to know if I could help you.

Nikolino
I know that I know nothing (Socrates)

@NikolinoDE 

I added column with country name and now Excel show up the right map-focus.

best response confirmed by Niels_83 (Copper Contributor)
Solution

@Niels_83 Just add a column indicating that you are looking for "Netherlands". See an example attached. Sometimes you need to put everything in a structured table with clear headers, but not always. Sometimes data typing as Geography helps, but not always. You have to experiment and find what works best for you. The Bing mapping info doesn't always return perfect results for all parts of the world.

1 best response

Accepted Solutions
best response confirmed by Niels_83 (Copper Contributor)
Solution

@Niels_83 Just add a column indicating that you are looking for "Netherlands". See an example attached. Sometimes you need to put everything in a structured table with clear headers, but not always. Sometimes data typing as Geography helps, but not always. You have to experiment and find what works best for you. The Bing mapping info doesn't always return perfect results for all parts of the world.

View solution in original post