Generate report filter pages Pivot tables

Copper Contributor

In order to send data to different users, I need to generate pages from a pivot table.

This has to be done, so that no user can have access to the filtered data

Can this be done without protecting the files with a password ?

Guy

5 Replies
To generate individual report in PivotTable, drag and drop desired field into the Filter area.. Then, on the options dropdown of the Analyze tab, click on Show Report Filter pages..

This would create multiple report pages based on the filter.. Then, you can finally email the individual sheet tabs to different users

@Abiola1 

Thank you very much for your reply.

By using this system however, the different tabs generated still contain all the data from the initial file, and each user therefore would have access to data that is not to be shared to him

As I do not know how the data is used by the each user, I cannot protect the file

Hello Everybody

Hope you're all find. Please I've a problem with report filter option on pivot table. Generate button option is deactivated even though I've already put a column in filter field. Could you help please?
Great thanks
Seydina
Quick answer: Don't try to send the pivot from the master workbook. All the data is in the Pivot Cache no matter what filter is applied.

Instead, save the master workbook as "user name" then DELETE (not filter) data that user does not need. Refresh pivots. Send Saved-As workbook.

@seydinabia 

Hello everybody

Does anyboy know how do I have to proceed for my report filters?

Thanks in advance