SOLVED

Gather information from one tab to another for payroll.

Copper Contributor

Hello all,

I have been using Google Sheets and never had any issues. However, our school is transferring over to all things OneDrive, so I'm trying to set up a spreadsheet similar to one I had in Google Drive. The formula was copied from the Sheets I had, but it did not work with my current Microsoft Excel spreadsheet for whatever reason. Any help is appreciated.

I wanted to gather how much the student and staff workers got paid in certain pay periods on a different tab, but the formula is not working for me.

Here is what I had with Google Drive with the first tab (had to erase personal informations) with a long list of student and staff names:
Screen Shot 2022-05-06 at 10.41.56 AM.png

Tab 2 that is being used to reflect tab 1.Screen Shot 2022-05-06 at 10.40.10 AM.png

And this is the Microsoft Excel. Although to be fair, I have changed up the style and fields a bit, but that should not impact the formula as much as I have edited it to reflect the new cells, but it still does not work. I tried inputting some hours to see if any changes would come up in the second tab, but nothing happens.

Screen Shot 2022-05-06 at 10.44.21 AM.png

Screen Shot 2022-05-06 at 10.44.07 AM.png

Please let me know if the formulas needs to be changed a bit. Thanks!

2 Replies
best response confirmed by fayysaywhatt (Copper Contributor)
Solution

@fayysaywhatt 

pay period - Kopie.JPG

Does it work if you change " B2 " to " A2 "?

Wow! I can't believe I overlooked that... (facepalms).

Thank you so much!
1 best response

Accepted Solutions
best response confirmed by fayysaywhatt (Copper Contributor)
Solution

@fayysaywhatt 

pay period - Kopie.JPG

Does it work if you change " B2 " to " A2 "?

View solution in original post