Gantt- Formulas and Functions

Copper Contributor

Hi everyone!

I have a simple Gantt chart that I downloaded.  I plan our jobs on the chart based on start and end dates. We choose the start date based on the availability of installers that are decided from a drop down menu with each installer being color coded. 

We would like to be able to color the columns based on the dates that installers are available to help us plan the jobs.

I know this is probably a simple formula with conditional formatting,  I just don't know how to do it.

I want the colors to move with the columns associated with the dates so that when we change the date range the colored columns move with the dates in comparison to what installer is picked.

Thanks in advance to any one who can help with this.

3 Replies

@daniellejohnson 

Could you attach a sample workbook (without sensitive data), or if that is not possible, make it available through OneDrive, Google Drive, Dropbox or similar?

Can you walk me though how to attach a sample workbook?

@daniellejohnson 

Make sure that you are using the full text editor when you reply.

If you see a box with a dotted border below the text editor that says "Drag and drop here or browse files to attach", you can drag the workbook from File Explorer / Windows Explorer / Finder to that box.

If you don't see it, please upload the workbook to a cloud service such as OneDrive (available if you have a Microsoft account) or Google Drive (available if you have a Google/Gmail account) or Dropbox.

Then obtain a link to the uploaded file and post that link in a reply.