gantt charts

Copper Contributor

Hi All

We have a simple Gantt chart that I downloaded,  We plan our jobs on the chart based on start and end dates. We choose the start date based on the availability of staff,

We would like to be able to colour the columns based on the dates that staff are available to help us plan the jobs.

We can do this manually but when we change the date range the colours do not move with the dates.

So Im sure this is simple I just don't know how to do it.

So simply, I want the colours to move with the columns associated with the dates so that when we change the date range the coloured columns move with the dates.

I hope this makes sense, I can send you a copy of the blank chart if you need it

Thanks in advance to any one who can help with this.

3 Replies

Hi @John_EHDS 

yes, this could usually be solved with conditional formatting. If you would upload your file (without any sensitive data, just with some example data), then we can give a more precise advice.

@Martin_Weiss 

Hi Martin.

Thanks for getting back to me.

I can upload a copy of the Gantt chart I downloaded, with a copy of what we want it to look like

Do you know hi I can attach the files?

@JohnEHDS 

When you compose a reply, you may see an area below the space where you type labeled "Drag and drop here or browse files to attach".

If you don't see that, you can upload your sample workbook to a cloud store such as OneDrive, Google Drive, Dropbox, then obtain a link to the uploaded file and post that link in a reply.

You can also send Martin a Private Message and attach the workbook to the message.