From what of terminated product was purchased investment?

Copper Contributor

Dear all, please I need a help with the calculation. My assignment is: calculate from which terminated product the investment was purchased. Look back 60 days from the date of purchase of the investment and find all terminated products on the client in the "minus 60 days" mode. The problem is when 1 client (for an example client ID "152421") has more like 1 purchased investments, and each buy of the investments has a different purchase date. I tried to calculate this with the formula "sumifs", but in case that the dates overlap, sumifs is calculating duplicated. I know it's not easy to imagine, therefore I am sending an example in the attachment. If you have more questions or you need more details do not hesitate to contact me.

Many thanks for any help.

Robert

4 Replies
So where is the investment data

Hi, inv. data are in the sheet "calculation" column A - E and my formulas in the same sheet column H and I.@Yea_So 

My assignment is: calculate from which terminated product the investment was purchased. Look back 60 days from the date of purchase of the investment and find all terminated products on the client in the "minus 60 days" mode.

So how do you know who did the investing or how much the investment was from that information? for example: Mr X bought 10,000 worth of investments and from the discontiued products which investment did Mr X purchase if he lost 3,000 worth of investments.

where is the given information?

Maybe you need to explain the problem to be solved better. or share the narrative of the assignment.