SOLVED

Forumla breaks after refreshing data

Copper Contributor

Good day, 

This is my first post on this forum so please bare with me. 

I have a workbook containing two sheets. One called REPORT, and another called QUERY. The QUERY worksheet has a set of data that is being imported from VSTS thought the TEAM plugin. Row 3 in the QUERY worksheet has data that changes when I refresh the teams plugin. 

On the REPORT worksheet I am refencing cells within the QUERY worksheet. 

For example: =QUERY!C3

Returns the data in that cell the first time I open the spreadsheet (no problem). If I refresh the data in the QUERY worksheet using the Teams plugin I then get an error in the REPORT worksheet for that cell that displays "=QUERY!#REF!" 

When I look at the QUERY worksheet, there is still data in the row, and it is the same type (TEXT). 

I have tried using absolute references, and INDIRECT, and haven't had successful results. 

I have used the FILTER formula previously with the Teams plugin, and have been able to refresh the data from Teams and have it display properly in my worksheet. 

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. 

2 Replies

@LeanSolutions 

Doesn't =INDIRECT("Query!C3") work?

best response confirmed by LeanSolutions (Copper Contributor)
Solution

@Hans Vogelaar Thank you for that. I was missing the quotations. As soon as I added them it fixed the problem. Appreciate the assistance! 

1 best response

Accepted Solutions
best response confirmed by LeanSolutions (Copper Contributor)
Solution

@Hans Vogelaar Thank you for that. I was missing the quotations. As soon as I added them it fixed the problem. Appreciate the assistance! 

View solution in original post