Formulas

Copper Contributor

I have a workbook containing multiple tabs. There is the main tab, Deliveries, and multiple other tabs that are labeled by a number. What I am trying to do is minimize the amount of copy & paste that I'm currently doing, and would like to use a formula that would pull over the data in columns A and G from the deliveries tab, and place them into columns A & B of the tab 6639808, if Column C on the delivery tab is the same as cell C on the tab 6639808. I've tried the IF and VLookup, but something does not seem to be working because I either get an error, or if a date pulls into 6639808, the dates do not match. I'm fairly certain this can be done, but even more certain that I'm going about it the wrong way. I have included a copy of my workbook below.

5 Replies

@Enels2205 

Here's an example of how FILTER can work. It does require the most recent version of Excel, so if this doesn't function for you, let us know.

=FILTER(Deliveries!$A$2:$A$940,Deliveries!$C$2:$C$940='FHR 6639808'!D2,"Not found")

@mathetes Thanks for the help! I think it will work for what I want to do. I am having an issue getting any results when I try the formula on my own. I copy and paste the formula, and I either get the actual formula without the start and end brackets, or when I add them in, all I get is #NAME. I am in no way an excel wizard, but I do know and understand enough to know that it is a powerful tool, and I am either missing something or not doing something correctly. Maybe I've just spent too much time trying to figure this out, that I'm missing some simple step. I've included the workbook to show the issues when I try input this. They are in D4 & D5 on tab 6639808. 

I just realized that I'm using Excel 2013.

@Enels2205 

If you can, upgrade to the newest version. FILTER and some of the other Dynamic Array functions are worth the effort.

Here's the video that introduced me to these. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9I9DtFOVPIg

Learn everything about our brand-new Dynamic Arrays and how you can use them to build advanced spreadsheets. Arrays (CSE) have long been present in Excel, but were limited to power users. With Dynamic Arrays we have rebuilt the calc engine, effectively turning all formulas into array formulas ...
@mathetes Thanks for everything! I’m in the process of being upgraded as I type this!