Formulas for percentage difference over multiple entries

Copper Contributor

Hi,

I'm a new user, and have had success googling everything up until now. I hope that this is the right place to ask a question?

I'm currently building a spreadsheet to give us reporting data for wellbeing scores given by our service users. We have two different types of questions we ask, e.g:

Thinking about how much contact you’ve had with people you like, which of the following statements best describes your social situation? (with answers such as - I have as much social contact as I want with people I like)

- Overall how happy did you feel yesterday? (with answer options 1 - 10 )

People fill in these forms every time they go to one of our workshops, and I've set up the worksheet so that I can copy and paste their details into it. The difficulty I'm having, is that I need the system to pinpoint their first date and last date at a particular workshop (although they may have attended many between these times), compare the answers they gave on each date, and give percentage increases or decreases of mood changes over that time. I will need to then add these up together and get an average. E.g - on average, people who attended all of our workshops had this % increase (hopefully!) in happiness. And - on average, people who attended our art workshop had this % increase in happiness. I would also need to show decreases if this is what has happened.

I know it's probably a lot for a beginner, and a lot to ask for help for. I would be happy just be given hints and terms to google. I'm not even sure how to google this! I think my biggest hurdle is overcoming finding the first / last date per person and per type of workshop they have attended. 

I've attached the spreadsheet I have so far in case that is helpful. (It's all data I've made up)

Thank you :)

1 Reply

Just updating further additions - I feel a little bit closer...