Formulas and Functions

Copper Contributor

i am new to excel, but did ask my teacher who does not know the answer. 

The question is:  is there a formula and/or function to set up an individualized yearly calendar? I need the months  vertically in columns.  and horizontally i need the dates to populate the correct column and row cell.  I need the dates to start at random numbers, and end after individualized days.

Example:  My bills are due every 12- 18 days.  I need to populate the excel sheet with the monthly and yearly due dates  horizontally regardless of the numbers entered on any other line.  So my light bill is due every 13 days ( so I enter the starting due date and the page auto fills in the next year due dates).

2 Replies

Hi @O59-V4_ 

Looks like your issue can be easily handle with the PivotTable, You can maintain the date & then group the date "Months" & "Years" drag and drop in rows & columns field according to you need.

If still need assistance feel free to write back along with soft copy of your sample data with deised result.  

Regards, Faraz Shaikh | MCT, MIE, MOS Master, Excel Expert | www.ExcelExciting.com

If you find the above solution resolved your query don't forget mark as Official Answer.

@O59-V4_ 

Alternatively, calculate Next due date based on 1st due date, Today's date and the number of Days between payments. I created a small Excel table in the attached workbook to demonstrate this.

In case you have access to the latest version of Excel, you might like to use the new FILTER function to show only the bills that are due, for instance, this week. I've added it in F3.