Formula

Copper Contributor
I need help with this formula, i can not figure out how to do it correctly
Thank you.
2 Replies

@Madalinmcd

What is [m] ?

@Madalinmcd   First, in the image, presumably comma is a decimal point, not a thousands separator.  Thus, 0,095 [sic] is 95/1000.  And 7,569 is 7 + 569/1000.

__I__ will use period for the decimal point; to wit:  0.095 and 7.569.  You should use the decimal point character that is appropriate for your region.

Second, it is odd that the formula in the image seems to have "L" on both sides of the equation.

Perhaps it is a recursive formula; new "L" on the left is derived from previous "L" on the right.  Or perhaps I am merely misinterpreting the image.

It might help if you provided the __full_context__ of the equation, not just the equation itself.  Alternatively, at least tell us what the equation is calculating; that is, what is "L".  We might be able to google it in order to gain some insight.

That said, assuming that L1 is "L", M1 is "[m]" and D1 is "D[w]", I might write the following formulas:

L2: =60 + M1*SQRT(1 / (7.569E-6 + 2.164/D1)) + 0.095*L1

L3: =60 + M1*SQRT(1 / (7.569E-6 + 2.164/D1)) - 0.095*L1

PS.... Why is "m" in square brackets?  That notation might suggest that "m" is a vector (array) -- multiple values, not just one.  If that is the case, how should we interpret [m]*SQRT(...)?  For example, the sum of all m[i]*SQRT(...)?