formula

Copper Contributor
Hi I’m not 100% sure how to explain what I’m looking to do but here goes....

I have a workbook that consists of different sheets that have different table layouts, of which have cells that contain a drop down box of names of people. I am trying to create a record of how many times a name is used on any of the sheets. So my question is;
How do I count how many times a name is used over a number of different sheets? Also is there a way of counting the names once a new sheet within the workbook has been created.
I hope that makes sense!
Thank you in advance
5 Replies

@Carl35 

Hi Carl

I've prepared a solution for you to download.

This solutions works for all existing worksheets but also for new ones, they simply have to be added to the named range (marked yellow in the file)

Let me know in case of questions.

The file can be found here: Link

@PascalKTeamthank you for your response but I cannot seem to open the link you provided. If you could resend it would be greatly appreciated. 

Thank you advance 

@Carl35 

OK sorry for that. I've attached the file directly in here

@PascalKTeam 

That's great thank you I can download it. I can see that it is potentially the correct formula for my spreadsheet but I cannot work out how to apply it to my workbook. Is there a way you could help me?

Many thanks

@Carl35 

I've explained the steps directly in the file, please take a look and let me know if it also worked in your file