SOLVED

Formula to show the date and time I start a project each day and the time I stop working on the proj

Copper Contributor

I need a formula that will show a static date and time I start a project, and another formula for a different cell that will show the time I stop working on the project, and another formula to show the total time spent on the project for the day.  I'm using Excel 365 on a Windows 10 computer 64 bit.

Thank you,

Colorado5280

2 Replies
best response confirmed by Colorado5280 (Copper Contributor)
Solution

@Colorado5280 

Use keyboard shortcuts to enter the current date  Ctrl ;  (control plus semi-colon) and current time  Ctrl  Shift : (control plus shift plus colon). Do NOT use the NOW() function as it will continuously update itself.

To calculate duration, enter a formula like: =B1-A1, where B1 would contain the ending time and A1 the starting time. 

1 best response

Accepted Solutions
best response confirmed by Colorado5280 (Copper Contributor)
Solution

@Colorado5280 

Use keyboard shortcuts to enter the current date  Ctrl ;  (control plus semi-colon) and current time  Ctrl  Shift : (control plus shift plus colon). Do NOT use the NOW() function as it will continuously update itself.

To calculate duration, enter a formula like: =B1-A1, where B1 would contain the ending time and A1 the starting time. 

View solution in original post