Formula to show list of employees who are on or off

Copper Contributor
Hello. I have a table with a list of drivers in the 1st column and dates across the top. The data within there indicates if the driver is on or off. I'm trying to figure out if there's maybe a VLookup/HLookup combination formula (or maybe a different formula) to give a list of drivers that are on or off for a particular day. If it's not possible I can put a filter on the table and get the list, copy and paste. I was hoping to cut down on a few of those steps.
2 Replies

@Heidi588 

You stated:

Hello. I have a table with a list of drivers in the 1st column and dates across the top.

The data within there indicates if the driver is on or off.

I'm trying to figure out if there's maybe a VLookup/HLookup combination formula (or maybe a different formula) to give a list of drivers that are on or off for a particular day.

The answer is yes you can, and since you're not sharing the geography of your data table and where the formula will be located at, I won't  suggest a solution based on a guess.

cheers

@Heidi588 \\From what you've said, I'm guessing the new FILTER function would deliver the result you're seeking. Here's a video Microsoft produced that explains the function. It doe require the most recent version of Excel.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9I9DtFOVPIg

Learn everything about our brand-new Dynamic Arrays and how you can use them to build advanced spreadsheets. Arrays (CSE) have long been present in Excel, but were limited to power users. With Dynamic Arrays we have rebuilt the calc engine, effectively turning all formulas into array formulas ...