Formula to pull from multiple columns in (IF/THEN) into field on another tab?

Copper Contributor

Am trying to get a formula to calculate the following from image below:

Search column L for a value, AND search date range in column R, if both are true, then sum related values in Column W.

I thought the formula would look like this: 

=IF(L2:L2000=”51103”)& IF(R2:R2000, >= 6/1/18, <= 6/30/18) & Sum(W2:W2000)

I'd like to pull from one sheet of raw data (Line Detail), into summary page (NLS0306) - how do I do this?

Screen Shot 2019-10-25 at 11.51.18 PM.png

5 Replies

HI @kmb126 

You can use below SUMIFS() function to achieve  your requirements:

=SUMIFS(N:N,P:P,P2,M:M,">=1/6/18",M:M,"<=30/6/18")

A sample file is also attached for your reference. Please let me know if it works for you.

Thanks

Tauqeer

@tauqeeracma THANK YOU! This was super helpful, I'm almost there. The formula is working for one cell, but not other date ranges despite altering accordingly for each month. I've also figured out how to pull from another sheet, but how do I get the right sums to show up - I've put a row of what it should be in the first sheet, pulling from data in second.

Formula now: 

=SUMIFS(LineDetails!C:C,LineDetails!D:D,51103,LineDetails!B:B,">=6/1/18",LineDetails!B:B,"<=6/30/18")

I figured it out, for some reason when you copy paste the formula from D4, it changes - so as long as the columns remain, the formula will work! Thanks again :) Saved my weekend

Hello, I am trying to create a formula that if on tab1 column A & column B match Column A & column D on tab2 then it generates a number in column E on tab1 

Is that possible?

Thank you,

Michelle Covart

@kmb126