Formula to fetch data from another sheet and then delete formula / keep first text found

Copper Contributor

Hi All,

Sheet1 here contains a cell with data values that keep changing every little while (it is being fed from other cells that it then calculates a number from). 

On Sheet2 I have a column A filled with dates ranging from today until well into the future. Column B, C, D, E all contain data that updates once a day from other sheets. 

What I require is that Column F updates itself to the value in Sheet1 at the time that the other cells update (e.g. CELL F2 of my sample data might read =IF(B2="","",'Sheet1'!$A$1). The tricky part here though is that I need Column F to then retain the data value from Sheet1 that was present at the time that Column B first got populated. Therefore, as the dates go by I will have daily values of what number was on Sheet 1 at the time that Column B of Sheet 2 populated. 

Unfortunately I cannot get Sheet 1 to populate daily based on day and time as the time that column B populates on the new date is not consistent.

I hope this makes sense. looking forward to solutions!

Warm Regards,

Emile

3 Replies

@Emile_du_Toit 

Your sample workbook contains only Sheet2...

@Hans Vogelaar Hi, yes I know. For the sake of this example Sheet1 contains a single cell, A1.

@Emile_du_Toit 

How are columns B to E populated? Through formulas, or through copy/paste, or by manual entry?