Formula to change based on selection in another column

Copper Contributor
I’m creating an order form in Excel to be used by clients.
The idea is that the client will select a product from a dropdown list in the first column of the table (tbl_Product_Order) and then in the same row insert the width, depth, height and quantity of the product required.
I would then like to calculate in another column but same row the square meters of material to be used, based on the inputs (Product model, width, depth, height and quantity).

The problem I have is that the formula to calculate the square meters of material to be used is different for each product and therefore the formula needs to lookup the SQM calculation and use the inputs provided by the client to calculate the SQM of materials.
I would like to create a table (tbl_Formulas) where I keep all the products and the SQM formula in the background.

I am looking for a solution on how to make the formula in the SQM column dynamic.

Please see attached file for more information.

Any help will be greatly appreciated. 
Thanks in advance

1 Reply

Hi Pieter,

Please check this https://www.myonlinetraininghub.com/excel-factor-12-secret-evaluate-function if help. Another way is to use Evaluate() function within VBA code.