Formula or VBA?

Copper Contributor

We have an inspection report that is quite time consuming to fill in and submit and I would like to know if it is possible to set up a template of it in either word or excel and auto fill it with specific information located within a separate report (in word format) when we download it?  

Explanation: 

Our field technicians complete onsite inspections & testing for our clients and upload the results to a web-based compliance program that can include data on literally 100ss of "devices" for any particular client. 

The basic information for our clients, name/address/phone number/contact/etc...is set up in the office.  As the field technicians are completing their onsite inspections, they fill in specific data for each device, and upload their report for client access.  

I have the ability to download reports in word format and am looking for a way to extract specific data from them and auto-populate that information into a separate form/template for further processing on the back end.  

The word document we download contains information on all the devices inspected and each section of the report has a header indicating the type of devices, followed by tables that contain the information I need to locate and extract into a template, see below:

This particular report includes tests on 8 different devices "backflows".  I have highlighted the information I need to extract for the first device only, as an example of what information is needed.  

BFP Data_Page_1.jpg

BFP Data_Page_2.jpg

BFP Data_Page_4.jpg

Please let me know if I can give additional information or clarifications on the included information to help with any answers you may have? 

Thank you in advance for any help you are able to offer!

Joe 

1 Reply

@JStender1994 

How To Link Textbox To A Specific Cell In Excel?

Hope I could help you with these links.

For the future please include the following info to help others answer your question:

Excel version, operating system and storage medium, file (if possible) or a photo.

Welcome to your Excel discussion space!

Thank you for your understanding and patience

NikolinoDE

I know I don't know anything (Socrates)