SOLVED

Formula not working after file move

Copper Contributor

Hi Everybody.  I have a fairly simple 365 Workbook that is being used in the D\Top App, I am working on the file locally and all is fine.  However when I copy it to another OneDrive location I get problems with the formula I am using to insert the worksheet name into a specific cell.  The problem formula is :-

=IF(ISERROR(RIGHT(@CELL("filename",$A$1),LEN(@CELL("filename",$A$1))-FIND("]",@CELL("filename",$A$1)))),"This workbook never saved",RIGHT(@CELL("filename",$A$1),LEN(@CELL("filename",$A$1))-FIND("]",@CELL("filename",$A$1))))

TIA

Jon

4 Replies
best response confirmed by VI_Migration (Silver Contributor)
Solution

@JonnieMorgan Tried to replicate what you described and encounter no problems. By the way, you can shorten the formula by using IFERROR rather then combining IF and ISERROR.

=IFERROR(RIGHT(@CELL("filename",$A$1),LEN(@CELL("filename",$A$1))-FIND("]",@CELL("filename",$A$1))),"This workbook never saved")

Hi thanks for your reply, and thanks for the tip, I'll change that. (Not my formula I pinched it!!) Thats Interesting, I should have said it happens in Excel Web App as well.
Weird one, I changed it to your edit and it's fine now. Many thanks.
Jon
1 best response

Accepted Solutions
best response confirmed by VI_Migration (Silver Contributor)
Solution

@JonnieMorgan Tried to replicate what you described and encounter no problems. By the way, you can shorten the formula by using IFERROR rather then combining IF and ISERROR.

=IFERROR(RIGHT(@CELL("filename",$A$1),LEN(@CELL("filename",$A$1))-FIND("]",@CELL("filename",$A$1))),"This workbook never saved")

View solution in original post