Formula not updating

Copper Contributor

Hi,

I have a dropdown list in cell B12 which I created with "Data Validation"

Then in C12 I have this formula: =IF(B12="INFANTS",3,IF(B12="MENS",6,IF(B12="WOMENS",5,IF(B12="YOUTHS",11,IF(B12="BIG BOYS",11,IF(B12="MISSES",11,IF(B12="BIG GIRL",11,IF(B12="MANUAL",0))))))))

Technically, if I pick INFANTS from the dropdown list in B12, C12 should show me 3, if I pick MENS it should be 5, and so on. 

However, the only way this happens on some computers and not others.

On the ones where it doesn't work, if I close the spreadsheet and reopen the information is correct.

I checked and calculation option is set to automatic on the computer where it doesn't work.

Any help would be greatly appreciated

Jeannie

1 Reply

@Jeanne Cote  Can you check the excel version for each and by chance are some Mac vs PC?

On another note I wanted to recommend you consider something.  For the Data Validation did you manually type that list into the field or is that list in the workbook and you just gave a reference to it?  I would suggest the latter so a) it is easier to update/change in the future and b) so you can add the corresponding value and use it as a lookup table.  Then instead of the nested IF() statement you can just use VLOOKUP().  (at the very very least you should use an IFS() statement).