Formula - Looking up Two Values to Return One

Copper Contributor

Hello and thank you for your help!

I am looking for a formula that would allow me to look at 2 values in one spreadsheet, lookup those two values in another tab, match it to return to one value to confirm that based on those two values, both of my spreadsheet have the right data.

Spreadsheet for reference. 

10 Replies

@850992 

You can upload the workbook to a cloud service such as OneDrive, Google Drive, Dropbox or similar. Obtain a link to the uploaded file and post the link in a reply.

Thank you!

@850992 

You need to share the workbook - I currently get this:

S1324.png

try access it now...it should work!

@850992 

Thanks, got the workbook. What do you want to compare to what?

Great! I am trying to tell Excel; to tell me if the budget on sheet 2 matches with the budget on sheet one based on the MPA#. And then calculate the variance between budget on sheet 1 vs sheet 2.
Hope this makes sense!

@850992 

In your sample workbook, the MPA # column on Sheet2 contains 4 times the same value, and this value does not occur in the MPA # column on Sheet1, so there are no matches at all. Do I interpret that correctly?

Yes, sorry i tried to copy this just to use as an example. I can add the same data to make it a bit easier to see if everything works.

@850992 

In N2 on Sheet1: =VLOOKUP(A2,Sheet2!$A$2:$B$5,2,FALSE)

In O2: =M2-N2

Fill down.

my apologies for the delay, but thank you so very much for your help on this! Much appreciated!