Formula is not functioning

Copper Contributor

Hi all,

Below mentioned formula is not functioning in 2023 in my tracker, but when I change the system date to 2022 then it works, please support to fix this error.

=IF(MONTH(AB38)=MONTH(TODAY()-1),1,IF(MONTH(AO38)=MONTH(TODAY()-1),1,IF(MONTH(AL38)=MONTH(TODAY()-1),1,0)))

Thank you in advance.

12 Replies

@Nushad 

What do you want the formula to do? It currently returns 1 if at least one of the dates in AB38, AO38 and AL38 is in the same month as yesterday, 0 otherwise.

@Hans Vogelaar 

Thank you for the reply, as you mentioned, formula has to return to 1 if at least one of the dates change to current month in the following sells AO38 and AL38, otherwise it has to remain 0.

Below clarification is for your further reference.

Order submitted date will be mentioned in the following sell AB38
Appointment date will be mentioned in the following sell AO38
Order completed date will be mentioned in the following sell AL38

If the order submitted in the last week of the month and if the appointment booked for the 1st week of the next month then this record has to be filtered if I select 1.

If I am generating the report for all the orders which have been completed for this month, it has to include the order submissions from this month as well as from the previous month. 

It was functioning well, but starting from 1st January 2023 it is not functioning.

Below is the formula from the beginning of the row, please help on the below formula.

=IF(MONTH(AB2)=MONTH(TODAY()-1),1,IF(MONTH(AO2)=MONTH(TODAY()-1),1,IF(MONTH(AL2)=MONTH(TODAY()-1),1,0)))

@Nushad 

If one of the cells is empty, Excel will return 1 for the month, which is January.  Try this version:

=IF(OR(AND(AB2<>"",MONTH(AB2)=MONTH(TODAY()-1)),AND(AO2<>"",MONTH(AO2)=MONTH(TODAY()-1)),AND(AL2<>"",MONTH(AL2)=MONTH(TODAY()-1))),1,0)

Thank you for the reply, it doesn't functioning properly.

When I am generating the report for the current month by selecting 1, it still filtering the submissions which are from previous month but were rejected, means appointment was not booked or order was not completed so the sell AO2 and sell AL2 are empty, so these has to be excluded.

What I exactly want is, if I select 1, carry forwarded submissions from previous month to this month has to be included on top current month submissions.

Submissions are from previous month, and if the appointment booked and if a date given in cell AO2 for this month are considered carry forwarded submissions.

Below formula was working fine but, for this year 2023 not functioning, if you could add to include 2023 for the same formula would be better, thank you

@Nushad 

Your formula has MONTH(TODAY()-1). That is the month number of TODAY()-1, i.e. yesterday.

Did you perhaps want the month number of last month instead of the month number of yesterday?

I need the month number of yesterday.

Anyhow, as requested would you be able to include this year 2023 to the below same formula? as the below formula works on 2022 only and doesn't work in 2023

=IF(MONTH(AB2)=MONTH(TODAY()-1),1,IF(MONTH(AO2)=MONTH(TODAY()-1),1,IF(MONTH(AL2)=MONTH(TODAY()-1),1,0)))

@Nushad 

You keep on mentioning that it doesn't work in 2023, but you haven't told us what the actual problem is.

Allow me sometimes I will explain exactly what is wrong.
To be exact, what is supposed function as per the below formula, not functioning in 2023 but when I change the system date to 2022 it's functioning normally.

My concern is, would you be able to fix the same below formula to function in 2023 as may be it is only function in 2022 only,

Below clarification is for your further reference.

Order submitted date will be mentioned in the following sell AB2
Appointment date will be mentioned in the following sell AO2
Order completed date will be mentioned in the following sell AL2

If the order submitted in the last week of the month and if an appointment date given for the 1st week of the next month then this record has to be filtered if I select 1.

If I am generating the report for all the orders which have been completed for this month, it has to include the order submissions from this month as well as from the previous month submissions.

Right now the actual problem is if I select 1, it gives me even from previous month submissions which were completed in previous month.

@Nushad 

I'm afraid I don't understand. Could you provide some concrete examples? Could you attach a small sample workbook demonstrating the problem (without sensitive data), or if that is not possible, make it available through OneDrive, Google Drive, Dropbox or similar?

The most common reason for an Excel formula not calculating is that you have inadvertently activated the Show Formulas mode in a worksheet. To get the formula to display the calculated result, just turn off the Show Formulas mode by doing one of the following: Pressing the Ctrl + ` shortcut, or.
Regards: [hyperlink removed by admin]

@Hans Vogelaar Thank you for your reply, please allow me sometimes I will update you.