SOLVED

Formula Help

Iron Contributor

Hello Tech Community, I can really use some help.  I am using the SUMPRODUCT Function (maybe its the wrong function) and I'm not getting the proper results.  Here is the Formula: =COUNTA(Q12:Q328)-SUMPRODUCT(($C12:O328<>"")*(Q12:Q328<>"")*(MOD(COLUMN($C12:O328),2)=1))&"/"&COUNTA(Q12:Q328)&"/"&SUMPRODUCT(($C12:O328<>"")*(Q12:Q328<>"")*(MOD(COLUMN($C12:O328),2)=1))

When this formula executes I'm getting a result of 11/21/10.  It should be 12/21/9. I'm trying to figure out how to write this correctly or change it all together to gain the proper results.  It looks like the issue is stemming from ROW 220. I'm trying to Counta() all the entries in column "Q", Q12:Q328 (The middle #) and then see if other entries exist within the same row in prior months under specific columns relating to APM's.  If an entry in column "Q" also shows an entry in the same row prior to this "Q" entry, this entry would subtract from the Counta() count and plot the result of the subtractions to the left of the center number then plot the number of times from within the column, the entry had to be subtracted. This number would be plotted to the right of the center number. The issue is the formula is including a prior entry throwing off my numbers. Cell Q10 is where the formula is that I am having issues with but I'm sure the others in cells E10, G10, I10, K10, M10, O10, S10, U10, W10 & Y10 will have the same issue when and if the same condition ever exists .  I have attached my workbook so please check this out and let me know if you have a way to fix this.  This workbook represents buildings I manage as can be seen in column A. Each building requires at least 1 APM (Annual Preventive Maintenance) check so when more than 1 is conducted I need to subtract any duplicates out of the counta() result and show the ones that actually count to the left of the counta() result.  Is there anyone that can help me figure this out??  Like I mentioned, the numbers that should be showing in Q10 are 12/21/9.

25 Replies
I have Office 365 Apps for Enterprise
I copied and pasted this formula into cell Q10 and it gives me #NAME?
I don't see any "/" in the formula so will it still show as 12/21/9 in cell Q10. Please look at the workbook I attached to the original post as it shows how things are to look and also shows all the other formulas that are tied into this and so on. Also if you look at cell T2 you will see how Header "APM" can be other Header names based on what is selected for T2. This is a versatile Workbook that tracks various things. This is why formulas found in row 3 are the way they are written. Just want to put that out there. A worthy mention I will say.
Hello Sir, I sincerely appreciate the help you re giving me to seek a resolution for my issue. I don't know yet if the formula you wrote will give me the answers I am looking for I copied and pasted it into cell Q10 and end up with #NAME? And I also don't know if the version I Have of 365 Enterprise is compatible with the code. You may have the answers I am looking for but I await your response. If it does do what I need and it is compatible could I ask that you formulate so I end up with 12/21/9. Its super nice to find people who have the knowledge and know how and are willing to help others such as my. My knowledge is limited and I do the best I can but sometimes my best is simply not good enough. If you are someone who resides here in the US I want to wish you and yours a Happy Thanksgiving. This to to all others willing to give assistance when assistance is needed. Than you

@Carl_61 

I think this one will do it.  This is a situation where being on the Semi-Annual update channel is bad luck because there's a lot more functions available in the Current update channel (and Insider's, for that matter).  Semi-Annual lacks functions for handling arrays so we must make do:

=LET(nonblanks,Q12:Q328,One,C12:C328,Two,E12:E328,Three,G12:G328,Four,I12:I328,Five,K12:K328,Six,M12:M328,Seven,O12:O328,total,SUM(FILTER(One,(LEN(One&Two&Three&Four&Five&Six&Seven)>0)*(nonblanks<>""))),b,COUNTA(nonblanks),TEXTJOIN("/",,total,b,b-total))

best response confirmed by Carl_61 (Iron Contributor)
Solution

@Carl_61 

Hi Carl, now I understand.

My alternative formula looks like this: For Q10

=COUNTA(Q12:Q328)-SUMPRODUCT(--(Q12:Q328<>0),--(MMULT(--($C12:P328<>"")*ISODD(COLUMN($C:P)),SEQUENCE(COLUMN()-3))<>0))&"/"&COUNTA(Q12:Q328)&"/"&SUMPRODUCT(--(Q12:Q328<>0),--(MMULT(--($C12:P328<>"")*ISODD(COLUMN($C:P)),SEQUENCE(COLUMN()-3))<>0))

or with LET():

=LET(in,SUMPRODUCT(--(Q12:Q328<>0),--(MMULT(--($C12:P328<>"")*ISODD(COLUMN($C:P)),SEQUENCE(COLUMN()-3))<>0)),COUNTA(Q12:Q328)-in&"/"&COUNTA(Q12:Q328)&"/"&in)

Then you can copy them from there to the other places. Please not in column C