Formula Help

Copper Contributor

Hi, I'm trying to write a formula that will help me pull in month to date progress on financials.

The data is set up and sent in a weekly forecast format to me. For example 31/01/2022 in cell BI, then 07/02/2022 in BJ and so on; with the corresponding values below the dates for different lines for sales, profit etc.

Does anyone know what formula would work that would automatically update based on today date? For example if the date fell between week commencing 07/02/2022 and week commencing 14/02/2022 such as 10/02/2022 it would need to divide 4 days of the value of that week.

Thanks

4 Replies

@Jsaimz 

See the attached sample workbook. I used some helper cells. It would be possible to incorporate them into the formulas, but that would make them more complicated.

Hi thank you - that will definitely work to bring in data for the days between weeks which I will use.
How would you go about adapting the formula to add prior dates? For example if it was the 19/10/2022 so you would also have to have the days before as well but only for the month you are in for the month to date view?

Thanks for your help again

@Jsaimz 

Can you provide one or more examples of what you want?

Hi I sent you a private message :)