Formula Help

Copper Contributor

I need to use a similar formula as =IF(OR(D2="ABC",D2="DEF"),"YES","NO")

However, I need to pull from a different worksheet and have the formula match the name in one worksheet to the other worksheet. The names are not in the same order in both worksheets. 

So I need column J to populate "YES" if the data in a column on another worksheet has the text SC and "NO" if it does not and it needs to populate the data based on the corresponding name (not in the same order on both sheets). 

4 Replies

@sstevens86 

With your permission, I recommend to provide more information.

You'll get a quicker and more accurate answer, and those who want to help don't have to invest time guessing the problem.

Please, always inform about your Excel version, operating system, storage medium/hard drive, OneDrive, Sharepoint, etc.).

If possible, add a file (without sensitive data) and use this file to describe your project step by step, or add photos with the appropriate description.

In this link you will find some more information about it:

Welcome to your Excel discussion space!

Thank you for your understanding and patience

NikolinoDE

I know I don't know anything (Socrates)

Unfortunately all the information is classified, but I’m happy to give more detail if needed without the specifics in each cell.

@sstevens86 

Under the name you mean some text in the cell or named range/cell ? 

Text. There’s a column of names, actual names. Ex: John Doe

I need the formula on one sheet to pull the information from another sheet for the same individual.