Formula help

Copper Contributor

I have a spreadsheet with items and corresponding prices.  On a different spreadsheet within the same workbook, I want to be able to enter an item in one cell and have the corresponding price automatically enter in another cell on the same spreadsheet.  How do I do that?

6 Replies

@Lisa LaCombe 

You may use any of lookup functions - VLOOKUP, INDEX/MATCH, XLOOKUP

I am not experienced with using these functions. How can I learn which will work the best for my situation?

@Lisa LaCombe 

Perhaps you may provide small sample file? It'll be much easier to illustrate formulae on it.

@Sergei Baklan 

I want to take the ($Value) column numbers from the items spreadsheet and have them autofill to the Donation spreadsheet.  I know I will need a dropdown in the on the Donations spreadsheet and then based on what is selected, I want the corresponding ($Value) to autogenerate on the Donations page.  Hopefully, I am explaining myself clearly.

@Lisa LaCombe 

Thank you. If "General Description of Discarded Item" has same values as "New Household Item", that could be like

=XLOOKUP( ref on General Description Item, Column with New Tems, Column with Values)
e.g.

=XLOOKUP( A2, 'Items'!$A$2:$A$10, 'Items'!$H$2:$H$10 )
Thank you. I will try that.