FORMULA HELP.....

Copper Contributor

So, I have a challenge with a SUMIF formula and I am hoping someone can help. Thank you ahead of time for your help.

I have a spreadsheet that contains events where I earn money. In it, I have events from the past, but also future events. I want to tally my earned $ to date and not what is in the future. Here are my cells.

In B117 I have =TODAY()-1
In B2:B116 are the actual dates of the events. Past, present and future.
In I2:I116 are the fees for each of the events.
In I117 I am trying to put a formula to add only the fees that are already earned. In other words, previous to today (today I haven't earned yet because it hasn't happened).

I currently have in cell I117
SUMIF(B2:B116, "<=" & B117, I2:I116)

But this is coming up wrong. PLEASE HELP....

2 Replies

@BlueChappy570 

Almost a mandatory text

With your permission, if I can recommend. It can help us all if you upload an Excel file (without sensitive data), no picture. Even if it is said that a picture can say a thousand words, it is certainly not in the case of Excel, on the contrary in some cases. This would also be a blessing for all of us, as we can understand the problem much better, a win-win situation for everyone.

* Knowing the Excel version and operating system would also be an advantage.

Thank you for your understanding and patience

Nikolino

I know I don't know anything (Socrates)

@BlueChappy570 

Could you please clarify what exactly is wrong. Formula doesn't calculate at all, it sums all fees, it sums part of the fees but not one you expect. And are you sure in column B you have dates, not texts which looks like dates.