SOLVED

Formula Help - Stock control

Copper Contributor

Hi need help to build a formula to control our inventory but I´m running circles.

- First time the item is added it needs to verify and return from the inventory sheet

- 2nd and others should return from "result column"

- I tried to used MAX and VLOOKUP no success.

Thanks for any kind of help

Screenshot_10.png

4 Replies

@Aucesar 

=IF(COUNTIF($B$2:B2,B2)=1,VLOOKUP(B2,$I$2:$J$5,2,FALSE),INDEX($F$2:F2,LARGE(IF($B$2:B2=B2,ROW($B$2:B2)-1),2)))

You can try this formula. Enter the formula with ctrl+shift+enter if you don't work with Office 365 or Excel 2021. In the example the value for a product that is added for the first time is taken from the "inventory sheet" in columns I and J.

stock.JPG 

@OliverScheurichAlmost there, 1st part worked Thanks so far, 2nd part give me #NUM error, any tip?

Screenshot_11.png

best response confirmed by Aucesar (Copper Contributor)
Solution

@Aucesar 

I assume you don't work with Office365. If so you have to enter the formula as a matrixformula with ctrl+shift+enter. This puts the curly brackets (highlighted in yellow in the screenshot) around the formula in older versions of Excel e.g. in my Excel 2013.

curly bracket.JPG

@OliverScheurichThanks, missed it! Worked like a charm!

1 best response

Accepted Solutions
best response confirmed by Aucesar (Copper Contributor)
Solution

@Aucesar 

I assume you don't work with Office365. If so you have to enter the formula as a matrixformula with ctrl+shift+enter. This puts the curly brackets (highlighted in yellow in the screenshot) around the formula in older versions of Excel e.g. in my Excel 2013.

curly bracket.JPG

View solution in original post