Formula/Format possibility???

Copper Contributor

Question will be explain as if you are looking at the attached work book.

The date column has Conditional Formats that change colors within 305 - 365 days of the date that is the cell.

I'm trying the get the remarks column to do the same thing but change colors within 125 - 185 days of the date that is in the date column.

Is there a formula or conditional format trick that I can put in the remarks cells that can read the date in the date cell without having to put the date in again?

4 Replies

Hi,

Will you put date in remarks column? or any other comments.

Coz, Can't understand.

You can do it with conditional formatting. If you clarify the above

Let's see if I can explain it a little better.....  also referred to the attachment

The Date column has conditional formats already that change the color of the cell based on the date that is in it if the date in that cell is more than 305 - 365 days ago.

Is there a conditional format method that I can put in the remarks cells so that if I were to type something in a remarks cell (say like "MP") it would reference the date that is in the date cell on that column and change the remarks cell colors based on shorter time periods like 125 -185 days ago. Instead of having to add the date again. 

Hi @Chris O

Please find file attached herewith. Made some changes.