formula for conditions (within date range AND including text)

Copper Contributor

Hi there,

I'm looking for a formula that extracts information from a spreadsheet which is:

- between 2 dates from 1 column and includes a text from another column

e.g. dates 1/7/2021-30/6/2022 and the text would be Y. 

So far i know how to do them separately but i need some help to put them together

Thank you in advance!

11 Replies

@T_Bounce_Back_Project 

Depends on

a) which version of Excel do you use

b) which kind of information you'd like to extract (scalar value, array, etc)

@Sergei Baklan Hi there, i believe it would be array and i'm using sharepoint excel

@T_Bounce_Back_Project 

Don't know what is SharePoint Excel, anyway

If you information like this

image.png

which result and where shall be? Perhaps you may share small sample file?

@Sergei Baklan Hi there, im trying to create a code for my dashboard tab which takes information from the main tab which holds the data. 

Heres the main tab with the data.

T_Bounce_Back_Project_0-1636364813423.png

Here is the dashboard:

T_Bounce_Back_Project_1-1636364919944.png

Hope this makes things clearer. Please let me know if you require further clarification 

@T_Bounce_Back_Project 

Sorry, I see practically nothing on second screenshot. Is it possible to share Excel file with exactly same information and desirably manually created dashboard for the sample?

@T_Bounce_Back_Project 

Are you trying to filter the data?  If so, perhaps

= FILTER(
     Table, 
     (ReferralDate<=1/7/2021)*(ReferralDate>30/6/2022)*(InWork="Y"),
     "No results"
  ) 

Hi there, thanks for this but i am not trying to filter but to extract this information so it shows up on the dashboard tab.
I am not sure where this is going. By filter, I am referring to a formula that is placed on another sheet, in this case the dashboard, and reproduces an extract from the source data. It is not simply a case of hiding some source data from sight.

Since it is a dashboard, it is unlikely that you will want a set of complete database records but that is achieved by applying the filter formula to the specific fields you wish to display.
If that is what you mean by filter then yes that is what i'm referring to. The dashboard is another sheet used for the extracted information.

@T_Bounce_Back_Project 

Nope, sorry, I found no file with the sample.